Friday, June 19, 2009

C2

So today was the second day of classes (C2) and I actually went to all my classes! My oceanography class is pretty much just an easier repeat of the physics class I took last quarter at DePaul. I think its going to get more interesting though. Global Studies is definitely my favorite class. The teacher is great! He is energetic, funny, and explains history in a way that makes sense! I also like that everyone takes it together so the union is packed. Its more like a stand up comedy act than a class. My Race, Class, and Gender in recent U.S. History class is going to be the death of me. My teacher has us reading a chapter a night and the reading is so boring that I keep falling asleep. I've been on the same page since 3:00 this afternoon! Oh, and not reading isn't an option because we have a quiz on it everyday.

Some other ship life things i learned today after i posted that last message was that...
- There are barf bags everywhere! Not kidding. you walk around a corner and there is a little stack of them just in case that sea sickness urge comes out of no where.
- It gets REALLY dark at night. In Chicago when you turn out the light you can still walk around and see perfectly fine from lights from your neighbors, wrigley field, street lights, etc. Here when you turn out the light and go to get in bed you will most likely walk into a wall...

Tomorrow is more classes even though its saturday (i'm still not over that) and then I'm having music/dramatic play time with Ryder! He is really excited. We ran into each other today in front of the Field Office Desk and he came running over and gave me a hug and then he wrapped the bottom of his shirt around my arm and told me i was a fish and he was a fisherman and i got caught in his net!

I'm having a FABULOUS time on S@S but I got a little homesick today.
Things I miss:
- Chi O
- Natalia (and her posse)
- Visceral!!
- Chicago
- Sleeping in past 7
- Having an unlimited supply of chocolate and Diet Coke

Things I LOVE:
- Being so close to all my classes (no waiting for the el! take that red line)
- the ocean!
- the adorable kiddies on board
- My awesome roommie and next door neighbors
- Not having to buy or make food for myself
- Not having to make my bed

1 comment:

  1. Hi Em .... What is the title of your Global Studies book? Your Mom was telling me how neat it is, and I want to see if I can get it at the library.
    And.......I love reading your postings--they are great! Gram

    ReplyDelete