So I'm finally on the MV explorer! I'm in room 4162 which is part of the red sea. I'm in a tiny little cabin (Depaul people think 1/2 the size of a cororan room) and surprisingly all of my stuff fit with room left over! My roommates name is Bridget Hogan (don't worry... i already made a Hogan knows best joke. or at least attempted to). All of yesterday was a lot of unpacking and sitting around doing nothing. We had a lifeboat drill which meant that we grabbed our super fashionable life jackets and stood around in the main dining hall for a while. Then I hung out with some people I met until dinner. Their names are Bridget (the roommate), Lexie (next door neighbor), Courtney (next door neighbor), and Jill (lives no where near us). Bridget is really funny and always has music on, Lexie is a cheerleader and is engaged and is very loud (in a good way!), Courtney goes to a private catholic school and you would think that she would be all quiet and conservative but she's pretty much the opposite, and Jill is just downright hilarious.
Then last night I was so tired after we had faculty introductions in the union that me and bridget just went to bed (while watching Planet Earth: The Deep Blue Seas which was strange because i actually felt like i was under water because the boat was moving!). This morning i got up ridiculously early (like 7:30! ewww!) to go to our first day of global studies. All we did was discuss the book that we were all supposed to read. Its strange though because barely anyone read it and the teachers know that and keep making jokes about it. Then i had orientation all day which meant sitting in the union trying not to fall asleep or at least sleep in a way that the speaker couldn't see. The waves have been really bad all day (they say that they aren't normally this bad... stuff is rolling around in our rooms.) and the union had all the curtains closed so I have been sea sick all day. I have sea sickness patches on and just took medi-meclizine and i'm thinking about putting my sea sickness bracelet on too... i hope we get to spain fast!
Classes start tomorrow and tonight i'm probably just going to hang around with some people i've met and play cards or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Use the bracelet! I'm hoping it works miracles for you. It did for us!
ReplyDelete~Mama C