First off HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!!!!!
Ok now onto today. 4 exciting things happened today!
1- I made it to all my classes on time! WOO HOO! We have had to move our clocks back an hour every night and its really been taking a toll on me. I've never taken so many naps in my life!
2- I got to play with Ryder! When I talked to Shawn (his mom) at the involvement symposium she made it sound like she was expecting planned activities and structured days so, the future teacher that i am, i made a mini lesson plan. I even made Tricia Fitzgerald proud and wrote in the goals and objectives for Shawn! But it turned out to be more of a chase Ryder around and play "basketball" aka John counted to 3 and then helped Ryder "jump" high enough to score a basket. I got stuck being the basket. Ryder does not have good aim quite yet. Thankfully he can't throw very hard either! I had a lot of fun though and ended up just sitting and talking with him for a while. He is a hilarious kid! His mom was trying to get him to get his shoes on to go to dinner so we both made it sound so exciting and let him pick his shoes and he picked 1 gray converse shoe and 1 black converse shoe. He even said "The gray one is going on my starboard side and the black one is going on my port side". And then as we were walking down to dinner I asked him what he thought we were going to eat for dinner and he said ostriches, bacon, and eggs. yummy?
3- I went to my first community college lecture. David Gies was talking about Spain's culture and how it is seen as a very innovative country. He was hilarious and kept talking about how his powerpoint was inferior to Alex Nalbach's (Global Studies professor) because Prof. Nalbach's always has crazy animations and videos and fun pictures etc. I swear he must spend hours on those powerpoints!
4- I went to my first bar night. Ok this wasn't that exciting because beer and a rocking ship don't mix all that well. It was entertaining to see everyone get dressed up and stand around staring at the islands.
OMG! I ALMOST FORGOT THE ISLANDS!!
Ok... so here on the ship we haven't seen land in 3 days. The ocean is only beautiful for so long before you get sea sick and start to wonder if you will ever see good old rock and dirt ever again. So today they announced that since we've been traveling slow so that we can have more days for class and we have time to kill traveling-wise The Captain allowed us to go a little off course to go through a couple volcanic islands that are randomly in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. They lay on the Great Atlantic Ridge (the fault line dividing the America's from Europe) and are part of Portugal (I think... I'm not really sure because i was in the shower when they made the nightly announcements and couldn't hear very well. On the bright side I finally figured out how to get hot water by the way.)
You would have thought that Brad Pitt was cruising up on a speed boat considering how excited everyone got and how many pictures we all took of the Islands (i have a bunch of good ones!).
Tomorrow is going to be some more of the same except that I'm calling home!! Yay! (I'm sick of being homesick)
Hope everyone's summers are going well!!
Messages:
Mom- Wade says hi
Sarah and Kate- Doc Milt says Hi
Natalia- my roommate likes Little Wayne too. Ironic? I think not! (ps. did i already tell you that?)
Bonnie- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Everyone- If you leave a comment on one of these posts could you include your email? especially if you ask a question! I can't reply to the comment emails i get.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Only 3 days til Cadiz...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I laughed out loud at your description of the excitement of seeing the volcanic islands. "Brad Pitt" going by would be quite exciting! haha Please tell me that you're having a picture show when you get home. I'll be there!
ReplyDelete